Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Maya Loves Program



My time in Costa Rica has been great. We arrived here on the 7th of January. When we arrived, we got out of the airport, and oh boy, the weather just blew me away. It was like summer here and it felt so good. Arthur was there waiting for us and then he drove us up to the camp. When I got to the camp, my eyes just widened because it looked beautiful. Then we got settled in our cabins, the girls couldn’t unpack because we had to move into another place because our cabin was being used by visitors from Panama. When we moved, we were there for 3 days, and then we returned to our cabin. When we moved back, we shared the cabin with a group of Panamanian women, which was really fun.

The girl's cabin (+ Dan)

"Because it's not camp until someone gets hurt!"

Taking instruction for the next activity

It has been fun with Kira here, especially when we went to the river with the group, where they had to carry a log through the river as a team and we had to help them. We got to participate in this activity twice, it was great. I really enjoyed doing program, especially playing 4 square, which they do a lot. I really enjoyed the kids that came during my week in program. I have made friends with lots of them, which was fun, but as always, it was sad when they had to leave because we really connected with them.

Carrying the heavy log through the river

The girls have taken to bathing in the river

Maya Wettlaufer

No comments:

Post a Comment